|How to Automatically Download Photos From Your Smartphone to Your Mac or PC With Google Drive|
Recommended and will be used in class
|APP NAME||iPhone LINK||ANDROID LINK (If Available)||DESCRIPTION||COST|
|BEST FREE IPHONE APPS!||I'm the Best Free iPhone Apps reviewer at Gizmo's Freeware. Take a look at my selection of the very best FREE iPhone apps!||Free|
|Lightroom||Lightroom||My new go-to app for taking photos I really care about. Not only is the price great (FREE!) it has some great features including extensive image editing tool. |
Note that some of the features including local adjustments and the Healing brush are premium features and only available if you are a subscriber to Adobe's Creative Cloud for Photography program ($10/month). This also allows you to seamlessly sync images back and forth between your photo and your desktop.
If you have an iPhone 6s or newer and some Android phones, you can shoot in the RAW format with this app which gives you the most flexibility for getting the best images your camera can offer.
|Adobe Photoshop Fix||Adobe Photoshop Fix||Primarily used to retouch and restore photos. Photos can be sent to Photoshop Fix directly from Lightroom||Free|
|Google Street View||Google Street View||While this is offered as a street view app, one of the great options it offers is shooting non-linear panoramics.||Free|
|DMD Panorama||DMD Panorama||Another panoramic program. Stitch together images to create 360° images. Some programs that do similar things work better than others in some situations.||$2|
|Snapseed||Snapseed||Probably the best photo editor. Make adjustments not just globally, but locally.||FREE|
|Fore||Masks and blurs the background for shallow depth of field for highlighting a person in the foreground||Only if you don't have Portrait mode on an iPhone.|
AccessoriesI've assembled a list of goodies for predominantly smartphone photographer. Click on the blue price to order. Allow a few weeks for overseas delivery.
|If you have trouble getting through a whole day without recharging your phone, this portable battery will help you out. If you can't wait to recharge your phone, simply get a 6 foot cord and keep the battery in your pocket and connected to your phone!|
You can also buy a version with about 50% greater charging capacity here.
|You can't have too many lightning cables. Unfortunately, Apple's charging cables are pretty pricey. Look for 3rd party cables that are MFI certified, Apple's blessing, at a more affordable price. This is for a four pack of cables.||$9.50|
|If you find charging your phone in your car is pretty slow, it's because most car chargers aren't designed to charge your phone as fast as it is capable of being charged. This charger uses Quick Charge 3.0 technology to get you up and running fast.||$12|
|If you have the same problem at home, a slow charger, speed things up with a faster one.||$14|
|This would be my recommendation for most of my students.It's an all-in-one tripod, so you don't need to assemble different pieces as you would with some of the items below. It looks like it will allow you to photograph in both landscape and portrait orientations, something many tripods don't offer.||$5.25|
|This is my choice for my needs as I have other tripods and can use this to mount a smartphone on all of them.. There are a lot of cute little tripods for smartphones, but the problem with most of them is that they will only hold your phone in either landscape or portrait mode, but not both. This mount solves that problem. Pair this with one of the tripods below and you're off to great start to get better photos!||$2.25|
|This looks to be about the smallest tripod I can find. Pair this mount above, and with the ballhead below, and for less than 10 bucks you're often rolling!||$2.50|
|Maybe you a have a little tripod but it lacks a ballhead. This looks stable and easy to use.||$2.30|
|With legs that extend out to 8 inches, this litttle tripod even includes a flexible ball head for maximum adjustment.||$2.32|
|Would you prefer black?||$2.00|
|Or would you like something more colorful?||$5|
|Or would you like the ballhead in black?||$5|
|If you like shooting panoramas, but this between the tripod and the ballhead. Then you can rotate smoothly for taking all your shots.||$5|
|For less than the price of a cup of coffee, you can have a cute little tripod, delivered, that will extend your shooting capabilities When there is less light, like early in the morning and late in the afternoon, that is more interesting.|
Just remember, this tripod will only shoot in the landscape orientation, not portrait.
|Or perhaps you don't want to carry a little tripod at all. This little holder/to fit in your wallet or purse.||$2.00|
|This tripod folds down to 14 inches, and extends to 40 inches. Now I woulld use this likely for a large camera, but would be fine for a point-and-shoot or smart phone. Looks reasonable for $7!||$7.00|
|If you already have a tripod, and you're using the Arca-Swiss system, why not add your smart phone? This little mini clamp will mount on all your other ball heads.||$2|
|A shutter release is handy on two occasions: one, to take selfies, allowing you to have more than arm's-length distance from the camera, and two, when you what to make sure that you move your camera when taking a photo.||$1.40|
Recommended, BUT Will Not Be Taught in Class
|APP NAME||iPhone LINK||ANDROID LINK (If Available)||DESCRIPTION||COST|
|ProCamera||an excellent app, and up until recently, was my go-to camera app||$5|
|Enlight||Enlight is such a great app because it honestly does a lot of the great things that VSCO Cam, Instagram, or any other app can do, but funnels it all into one app. So if you hate switching among apps just to get a picture looking right (and you don’t need crazy in-depth controls), then Enlight is a pretty great catchall. Also, act fast because it’s currently 50 percent off in iTunes||$4|
|NightCap Pro||Low light night photography with less grainy photos||$2|
|PhotoToaster||The features include:|
– 60+ one click effects that can instantly improve or completely alter a photo
– 80+ one click settings in Lighting, Fx, Vignette, Texture and Border categories that allow more creative control
– 26 live slider controls that allow for exacting control of all image adjustments
– 45+ tasteful borders
– 20+ creative texture overlays
– Lighting Brushes for a new level of control with brush-on exposure adjustments
– FX Brush to brush in areas of color or focus
– Non-destructive editing
– Multiple undo
– Professional level lighting adjustments to lighten shadows and recover highlights
– Separate channel processing lets you to bend colors in new and interesting ways.
– Black & white conversion controls to create the exact look you want.
– Noise reduction to remove unwanted grain in low light photos
– Recent edits list that maintains recently edited photos so that you may continue an edit session later
– Save your own presets (if you create a look you like, save it for future use)
– Crop, rotate, flip and straighten
– Complete EXIF support
– Export to the usual social media suspects or at full resolution to your Photo Album
– Non-square Instagram posts are automatically matted on a white background
– Send a real Postcard with Sincerely
|Pixlr||Choose from four pre-defined dimensions (or input your own custom dimensions) for fast and flexible image resizing after editing.|
• Create and customize a photo collage by editing its layout, background, and spacing.
• ‘Auto Fix’ photos for a one-click fix to balance out colors, adjusting for poor lighting conditions.
• Explore cool tools: easily adjust the contrast and brightness of your image, focus on one color with Color Splash, or add impact with Focal Blur.
• Make your photo look like a drawing or sketch with stylize adjustments such as halftone, watercolor, and pencil.
• Remove red-eye and whiten teeth with simple tools.
• Explore the growing catalog of additional effects, overlays, and border packs.
• Overlays help adjust the mood of the photo – amplify the tone, cool it down, or add surreal shades.
• Finish off your editing process with the right border – pick a style that fits you.
• Keep track of your favorite effects and overlays with the favorites button.
• Share your photo directly with friends through Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or email.
|DrawCast||DrawCast||Drawing features include:, Layers (the only free drawing app with layers!), Blend, Customizable soft and hard brushes, Many levels of undo, Fully zoomable paintings (use two fingers), Supports iPhone 4 Retina display and iPad HD resolution, Mixing colors allows for unlimited numbers of colors, Eyedropper tool to select and match colors straight from the painting, Save paintings to Photo Library. import photos directly from Facebook, your camera or photo library.||FREE|
|PicCollage||PicCollage|| * Import photos from your photo library, Instagram, Facebook and web image search|
* Simple touch gestures to rotate, resize, flick to delete
* Double-tap a photo to edit photo with Aviary photo effects, clip photo, adjust borders, copy/paste mages, and “flip” stickers
* Just tap on the lower-left Frame icon, and swipe to select a frame to make an instant collage!
* Clip photos by outlining the area you want with your finger
* Lots of backgrounds and stickers to choose from!
* Download template collages for your collage!
* Share your creations to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.